Sunday, April 15, 2018

A Daily Reminder of My Grandma



I often wish that Grandma (my mom's mom) was still here. Fortunately I get to be reminded of her many times a day as I look at my ring. When she passed a few years ago my mom inherited her wedding ring, complete with 2 bands on each side. Heidi has one band,  I received the other and Megan will one day receive the engagement ring to keep.

Grandma was by no means a perfect person, yet she was a woman of faith who lived what she believed. She was fun, hard working, and loving. Though I have many fond memories of her, I have desired many times that I could talk with her now and know her thoughts and feelings in life, love and faith. I wish for her wisdom gained through experience. I would have loved it if she could have met Christopher. I know she would have loved, welcomed and accepted him into our family instantly; and Christopher would have loved her too! :) The thought of her compassion and understanding is made even more sweet by experiencing the bitterness of another's dour rejection.

Until we meet again I will cherish this daily reminder of Grandma and how it connects us, gaining strength from her story and life. I hope that as I do, I will create a life that those who come after me will also be able to find courage and faith through my story, leading to a stronger generation; that even though I too am not perfect, my influence and story will lead to stronger faith and courage, that my life will inspire my family who are yet to come to make decisions and actions with faith and love, instead of judging too quickly out of fear or ignorance.


No comments: